Thursday 1 August 2013

Ipad Only Workflow

I have been looking for the best apps for my Ipad for editing and workflow and in my search have discovered PhotoPal. I wouldn't say it's powerful enough to be a stand alone app or completely replace my MacBook but for general purpose editing it has plenty of features.

At the moment I am using it alongside The photos app, Instagram and Flickr for Ipad based post processing and distribution.


Controlling your edits is simple with self explanatory sliders, you don't get the same level of control or options as you would in something like Lightroom but for doing basic edits quickly its great. I was really impressed with the sharpening in the app, it also automatically gives an A/B zoom to compare before and after.

Even though the icons are a bit cartoony I would definitely advise people looking for an ipad based editor to give this a look over Photoshop Express as for the up front cost of the app you get all the features whereas Photoshop Express has in app purchases costing nearly a fiver just for denoising and some effects that personally, I'd rarely use. 

These are the end results of a test shoot using PhotoPal (just to note I have no affiliation with the makers of PhotoPal, just wanted to share an app that I really like and works well).






No comments:

Post a Comment