Wednesday 11 September 2013

Project 365 Day 38 - 12/9/13

Last night I was experimenting with a micro studio style set up, the first thing I figured out is that I really need a proper flash as the pop up flash on the camera is a) rubbish and b) when shooting stuff this close up casts a massive shadow. Some off camera flash would really help me fill in the shadows.

This was my set up...


So I used a piece of white paper for my backdrop taped to my ipad to hold it up. I positioned a desk lamp to light the subject best I could but I couldn't eliminate shadows without another light source (eg. off camera flash, note to self, buy a flash). Mounted my camera on a small manoeuvrable tripod so I could get close to the subject, but maintain stability as I would be using a small aperture to keep everything in focus which reduced my shutter speed, so I couldn't shoot handheld without blur.

And this was the result, it needed a bit of white balance correction but still looks a bit blue, and I cropped the final image as my lens focuses close but the magnification doesn't reproduce 1:1 scale. Just need some more lighting to get rid of the shadow...





No comments:

Post a Comment